Today we announced our highly touted and long awaited release that delivers transformational multilingual capabilities for enterprises leveraging the Microsoft-stack for Intranets, Digital Dashboards and Portals.
The release of multilingual support will empower system integrators, developers, internal communication managers and content authors alike with intuitive tools and flexible options for deploying multilingual experiences and communications across global organizations.
Unlike most software platforms, Akumina’s approach to multilingual goes well beyond content and includes multilingual support within each of the software’s management and presentation frameworks. This level of support allows organizations to deliver the right content in the right language as well as delivering unique experiences per employee, per product, per content set and per language, enabling a truly multicultural experience. Organizations can design different behaviors and functionality per language as they may relate to the experiences one may expect to match the needs of a specific culture.
The ability to provide different experiences to employees related to a specific language is groundbreaking for global organizations and we believe it creates a very powerful solution for organizations to think beyond multilingual support and envision the power of multicultural experiences.
Our commitment to provide the best experience for developers, administrators, content authors and site visitors doesn’t fall short with multilingual support. Multilingual support includes the following features:
- Support for over 205 IETF languages and full Unicode support
- Ability for developers to easily build new multilingual sites or add multilingual to existing sites
- Flexibility to support any multilingual strategy – from all elements to just specific content items
- Support for language specific widget instances, meaning that the functionality and behavior of the intranet site can be tailored to the currently active language.
- Support for separate localized media (i.e. company news article could display different images in Spanish vs. English)
- Multilingual support for both managed content and static site items (labels, menu, etc.)
- Unique token system which allows static content to be automatically replaced during page render with the appropriate language terms
- Ability to specify fallback language behavior as well as control what languages are visible on the front end intranet site
- Intuitive side-by-side comparison mode for content authors translating and identifying content differences between languages.
We believe this release will be a game changer for Microsoft customers looking to support their globalization efforts and implement engaging modern intranet and portal experiences.
You can read more about the release at http://akumina.com/about/press-releases/akumina-launches-revolutionary-globalization-support-for-microsoft-customers/